135 West J Street
Benicia, CA 94510
- Experience one of the Benicia's most iconic properties - 135 West J Street.
- Located steps from First Street, in the Historic Conservation District, a few blocks from the scenic Carquinez Strait.
- The property measures 100' x 125' (nearly 0.29 acres) and has alley access.
- 135 West J Street has Landmark status in the local Downtown Historic Conservation District. Information on the Mills Act in Benicia is available.
- The interior design features of the former church are largely intact. The rectory was remodeled as a residence in the mid-1980's.
- The front courtyard on the east side of the building takes you to the main entrance for the residence.
- Front courtyard ready to welcome family and friends.
- Incredible scale in this well-lighted space filled with creative energy. Concrete floors, 15' ceilings, arched windows and French doors.
- Simply Awesome.
- All we need is the Baby Grand.
- First floor bath is beyond the display cabinet. Stairs to the left lead to the bedrooms and additional living space.
- The kitchen and dining area face the West Garden.
- Large deck off the kitchen. Door to the apartment is to the far right of the deck.
- Truly a Vintage stove.
- Practical pantry for storage. Laundry closet is to the left.
- Dueling dormers and perfectly peaked ceilings in the master bedroom.
- Upstairs bath.
- Another room in this very flexible floor plan - reading, writing, drawing, sleeping, exercising, meditating..
- Another beautiful Multi-Purpose room - functions as diverse as the IT hub or a nursery.
- Another bedroom, this one facing east.
- From the former church foyer into the gathering space, now Makers Place.
- The historic church building measures 39' x 59' and has 21' ceilings. The original ornamental woodwork and stained glass windows inspire and delight.
- The interior floor space of the church building has been rearranged as an artist / sculptor's studio, display space and storage loft.
- The gallery - display space.
- Storage loft to the left.
- From the west garden: townhouse style apartment on the left; 3-story main residence in the center. All the gorgeous windows...
- The West Garden.
- Downstairs of the attached apartment.
- Upstairs of the attached apartment. This is a beautiful room, originally planned as an artist's drawing room.